Watch this video for a step by step process on how to add, edit, and delete cron jobs in cPanel
A Cron Job is simply a task that is scheduled to run automatically at specific intervals. For example, if you want to execute a command or a script after a certain duration, you can configure this using Cron Job in cPanel. The purpose of Cron Job is to automate repetitive tasks. You can easily create, edit and delete Cron Jobs in cPanel as per your requirement.
Follow these steps to add, edit, and delete Cron Jobs in cPanel:
To add a scheduled task, follow these simple steps:
- Login to
- Navigate to the Advanced section and click on Cron Jobs.
- In the email box, type the email address on which you want to receive notifications, and click on Update Email. Each time the task is executed, you will be notified about its status on your account.
- In the Add New Cron Job section, enter the interval for the command you want.
- In the command text box, type the command you want to execute.
- Click on Add New Cron Job.
To edit a Cron Job,
- Go to the Actions section click on Edit option.
- Make the changes you want and click on Edit Line.
To delete a Cron Job,
- Click on Delete icon
- It will ask for the confirmation? if yes then click on Delete else click on cancel.
So in this way you can add, edit and delete Cron Jobs in cPanel.
Also check: How Can I Create Different Types Of Web Redirects Through cPanel?