If you receive a lot of spam in your mailbox, you should consider enabling Spam Assassin.
cPanel > Mail > SpamAssassin > Enable SpamAssassin
Spam Assassin is an automatic mail filter that uses many algorithms on email headers and message body in order to identify “SPAM” or unsolicited emails. This software has the capacity of eliminating more than 98% os spam messages. Its performance is dependent on individual configuration that can be modified by every website owner. After identification, the mail is tagged as ‘SPAM’ or future filtering through the user’s desktop mail client.
Related: How To Configure Apache SpamAssassin In cPanel?
In order to configure SpamAssassin, follow the steps mentioned below:
- For accessing the SpamAssassin menu, click on the ‘SpamAssassin’ icon present on the main screen of the cPanel interface.
- Click on the enable SpamAssassin button.
- In order to disable SpamAssassin, click on Disable SpamAssassin.
- For enabling Spam Box, click on Enable Spam Box.
- In order to disable Spam Box, click on Disable Spam Box.
- In order to configure SpamAssassin, click on Configure SpamAssassin.
You will be directed to a page where you will be able to configure the aggressiveness of SpamAssassin for the spam messages. You can blacklist maximum five email addresses from which you don’t wish to receive emails. You can also add custom filters for improving the functionality of SpamAssassin.