This tutorial provides steps for uploading a new field in WooCommerce. WooCommerce is one of the most popular platforms for ecommerce website owners. It is easy to set up and use and provides a lot of flexibility and features.
It is important to make sure that your checkout page is optimized and simplistic. One way to ensure a user-friendly experience on your WooCommerce website is by incorporating a customized upload field into your store. This enables your customers to upload files during the checkout procedure and confirm the order right away instead of keeping it pending for documentation required. Enabling a customized file upload is useful for the stores that provide services or products that need some kind of the previous certification.
How to add a custom upload field in WooCommerce?
The simplest and fastest way to add a custom field in WooCommerce is through a plugin. In this tutorial, we will use the ‘Checkout Manager for WooCommerce’ plugin. This plugin provides many features to customize your checkout process and add custom fields.
Step 1: install checkout manager for WooCommerce
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard and install the plugin.
- When the checkout manager plugin is installed, click on ‘Activate’.
- The next step is to configure the plugin. Let’s start by adding a new personalized upload field to the WooCommerce checkout process.
- The normal checkout process of the WooCommerce website does not provide any fields for the customers to upload files.
Step2: Add customized upload filed in the WooCommerce checkout page
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to WooCommerce and click on Checkout. Here you will find all the necessary settings for Checkout Manager.
- Go to the Checkout tab and then go to the ‘Additional’ section for accessing the additional field settings.
- On the right side corner, you will see a drop-down menu that enables you to select the place where you want to add the additional fields.
- Click on ‘Add new field’ for creating an additional field.
- You will be directed to the Settings menu; here you will be able to define the specifications of the field that you want to add. As we are adding a customized upload field, choose ‘File’ under ‘Type’ and enter the custom label and the button text. Click on ‘Save’.
- Once you have created the additional fields, you can effectively manage the different specifications through the additional field settings menu. These specifications include – Reposition, Required, Position, Clear, Disable, Edit, and Delete.
- When you configure all the settings, click on Save changes.
It’s done! This completes the procedure of adding a customized upload field in WooCommerce. Through this button, customers can upload any file or they can even upload multiple files while completing the checkout proves. The uploaded files will be stored on the orders page along with the other information of the order. Moreover, you can easily manage all the files uploaded by the customers through the admin order dashboard.