In order to reset the phpBB admin password, you have to first locate the database for your phpBB.
You will find the database details in the config.php file; this file is situated in the installation directory of the application. Open the file through File Manager in cPanel and go to $dbname where you will find the database. For instance – $dbname = ‘user_phpdb’;
Once you locate the exact file, you can go ahead and change the phpBB admin password through phpMyAdmin, here are the steps:
- Login to cPanel and go to phpMyAdmin.
- Select the phpBB database present on the left hand side.
- Click on the ‘users’ table (for example – phpbbs_users).
- Click on ‘Browsers’ and find the username that you want to edit (admin).
- Click on ‘Edit’.
- Enter the new password in the ‘user_password’ row.
- Click on the ‘Function’ drop down menu and select MDS.
- Save all the changes by clicking on the ‘Go’ button.
After completing this process, access the phpBB admin page and check if you can login with your new password.