The application which you have installed manually can be easily imported into Softaculous. By importing the application in Softaculous, you get two benefits:
- You can upgrade the software through Softaculous web interface when the new version is released
- You can easily create/restore backup of your application in Softaculous
In order to import the application in Softaculous, please follow the below steps:
- Login to your cPanel, go to “Software/Services” tab and click on “Softaculous” icon
- Softaculous home page would open, from the left menu select the application which you want to import. You can also use the Search box to find the application
- Once you open the application, you will see several tabs below the grey header, click on the “Import” tab
- In Import tab there are two fields – Choose Domain & In Directory. If you have installed the application in public_html folder and its accessible with your main domain (www.mydomain.com) then leave the “In Directory” empty and click on “Import” button. If you have installed the software in http://www.mydomain.com/blog then just type “blog” in the “In Directory” field and click on “Import” button.
MilesWeb provides complete assistance with importing the software into Softaculous to our Softaculous hosting users. If you are facing issues with your current hosting provider, switch to us and get free from such technical issues. We will migrate all your data and fix all such issues which interrupts the performance of your website.