AbanteCart is one of the best ecommerce platforms that enables you to provide multiple currencies for your online store front. However, the online payments are accepted in the primary currency that has been defined for your store.
It is important for you to note that in case your primary gateway is configured for accepting payments in many currencies, customers can be billed in a different currency, instead of your primary currency. The order total is calculated in accordance with the store currency exchange rate that you provide in AbanteCart’s currency settings.
In order to get to the currency settings, go to System >> Localization >> Currency in the admin dashboard.
Adding A New Currency
- You need to click on the (+) button at the top of the page for adding a new currency.
- Next, you need to fill in the details in the ‘Insert Currency’ section.
- Status : Use the On or Off button to activate or deactivate the currency.
- Currency Title : Enter the currency name.
- Code : Search for and enter the three letter ISO currency code. All the codes have to be entered in upper case.
- Symbol Left : Enter the left currency symbol if the currency has one. For example a dollar sign $ for American Dollars.
- Symbol Right : Enter the right currency symbol if the currency has one. For example a Euro sign € for Euros.
- Decimal Places : Enter the number of decimal places used for the currency. Usually most of the currencies use two decimal places and some use one.
- Value : Enter the value of the currency as compared to your primary currency. In case you want to make this new currency as your primary currency, you need to enter 1.00000.
- Click on ‘Save’ for adding the new currency.
Editing The Currency
AbanteCart provides you the option to edit the Currency Code, Title, Value and Status through the Currencies page. However, most frequently the Value of the currency has to be edited as it manages the exchange rate along with your primary currency.
- In order to edit the value of a currency, all you have to do is enter a new rate in the ‘Value’ section and click on the check icon.
- Click on ‘Save’ to confirm the new rate.