Watch this video for a step by step process on how to Resolve the Connection Timeout Error in Filezilla FTP
When you access the server via FTP using Filezilla, it displays connection timeout error, it is the time to change the Filezilla settings for resolving the issue.
Check the below steps to resolve timeout issue:
- Open FileZilla.
- In the dashboard, click on ‘Edit’ -> Settings.
- Under Selection page on the left-hand side, click on ‘Connection’. You will find the field ‘Timeout in seconds’, which will extend the duration where FileZilla will try to reconnect if any issues arise with connection. At the bottom, click on the ‘OK’ button.
Now try accessing the server via FTP. In case the issue still persists, follow the below steps:
- In Filezilla, open Site Manger.
- Here, click on New Site button.
- Change the Encryption field to ‘Only use plain FTP (insecure)’ and Logon type to ‘Normal’. Then enter host address, user name and password and click the ‘Connect’ button.
- Then follow the steps as per the message, you may be asked to enter the passwords again, enter it.
- With this your timeout error on your FileZilla will get solved and will connect to the FTP server without any issues.
For any further help please contact our support department.