You can easily create directories and upload media files and other website assets through the File Manager of CMS Made Simple. It is also possible to move, copy, crop images, create thumbnails, and rename files.
How to use the file manager?
In order to open the file manager, you have to login to the admin panel. After logging into file manager go to Content >> File Manager.
- You can upload the files by dragging them in the drop zone or by clicking on ‘Browse’ and then locating the files on your computer.
- Click on ‘New Directory’ for creating a new directory when no file is selected.
- Enter the name of the new directory and click on ‘Create’.
When many files are selected, you can implement many actions depending on the type of files that you have selected.
- View – View the selected file in a new browser tab.
- Rename – Rename the file.
- Delete – Delete the file.
- Move – Move the file to some other directory.
- Copy – Make a copy of the file and assign a new name to it.
- Unpack – If the file is compressed (.zip), extract the file in the existing location.
- Create Thumbnail – In case the file is an image, create a thumbnail.
- Resize/Crop – In case the file is an image, copy or resize the file.
- Rotate – In case the file is an image, rotate the file.
File Manager Settings
File manager settings enable you to customize some of the features. To access the settings, you need to go to Site Settings >> Settings >> File Manager.
- Enable Advance Mode – Select this option to enable the users for browsing and managing all the CMS Made Simple files along with the System Files.
- Show Hidden Files – This option displays the files that start with a dot (.) or with an underscore (_). These are usually the configuration or system files that are hidden by default. It is important to enable the advanced mode for using this option.
- Show thumbnails – Select this option for displaying thumbnails for all the images. If this option is disabled, a standard file type icon is displayed.
- Create thumbnails on upload – Select this option to create a thumbnail automatically for every image that is uploaded.
- Icon size – Select this option to determine the size of the icons displayed in the file list.
- Permission Style – This option modifies the way in which the permissions are displayed in the file list. The available formats include RWX (read, write and execute) or octal (755).