You might require to import Outlook items from an Outlook Data File (.pst) while:
- Moving Outlook items from one email account to another email account.
- Moving Outlook items from one PC to another PC.
- Moving Outlook items from PC to Mac or Mac to PC.
- Moving Outlook items between local folders and an IMAP or Exchange server.
Here are steps to import Outlook items from a .pst file in Outlook for PC:
1. Select File from the top of your Outlook ribbon.
You are not using an Outlook application installed on your PC if your ribbon doesn’t contain a File option in the upper left corner.
2. Click on Open & Export > Import/Export to start the Import/Export wizard.
3. Now, select the Import from another program or file option, and click on Next.
4. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
5. Browse the .pst file you want to import, and choose one from Options for how you want to deal with emails and contacts, then click on Next.
6. Enter the password if you have a password assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click OK.
7. Choose your Microsoft 365 mailbox by selecting Import items into the same folder in option if you’re importing the contents of your .pst file to Microsoft 365 mailbox. Select Import items into the current folder option if you’re NOT importing into your Microsoft 365 mailbox. This imports the data into the folder currently selected.
8. Select the Finish option. Outlook instantly begins importing the contents of your .pst file. The import process is complete when the progress bar vanishes.
If you’re importing a .pst file into your Microsoft 365 mailbox, you could see a warning saying that it’s attempting to connect with Microsoft 365. The message occurs when an Internet connection is lost, even for some period. Outlook will resume importing the.pst file once your Internet connection is restored.
Read: How to Setup Microsoft Outlook on Windows Operating System?
That is how you can import email, contacts, and calendars from Outlook .pst file.