Watch this video for a step by step process on how to Update the WordPress Memory Limit from cPanel
You can freely alter, i.e., increase the memory limit for WordPress.
To Change/Increase WordPress Memory Limit:
1. Log in to your cPanel account.
2. Go to the Files section and click on File Manager.
3. In File Manager, browse to your domain’s root folder(which is generally public_html for the main domain and addondomain.tld for the addon domains). Choose the wp-config.php file and click the Edit button.
4. A pop-up window will open, prompting you to select the encoding of the file. Click on Edit.
5. The editing window will open. Add the following code:
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
You can assign any memory limit of your preference to replace ‘256M‘ and click on Save Changes.
A success message will flash, meaning the memory limit for WordPress is set.
Note: You can change WP_MEMORY_LIMIT by accessing the wp-includes folder for installing and editing the default-constants.php file.