As a cPanel server admin, you have full authority to take backup for any of the web files or directories. With WHM, a user can decide to restore the backup for a selected file or directory.
To Restore Backup of a File or Directory
1. Log in to your WHM root account.
2. Select the Backup option from the navigation menu.
3. Click on File and Directory Restoration.
4. Select the user account from the list and click on View Backups.
5. Select Enter a path option and enter the path of the file/directory in the text box and click Show Backups.
Alternatively, you can select the Browse files and directories option. Then click Show Backups for any file/directory from the list to view its backups.
6. Click on Restore for the backup restoration.
With it, WHM will restore the backup for a selected file or directory.