Watch this video for a step by step process on how to update nameservers in GoDaddy
If you have purchased a domain from GoDaddy and web hosting from MilesWeb you can easily point your GoDaddy’s domain to MilesWeb server.
Once you purchase a web hosting plan from MilesWeb you get a welcome email that contains information of the nameservers. You need to update these name servers in your GoDaddy’s account:
Use only those nameservers that you have received in your welcome email. Because nameservers may differ depending on your hosting plan.
Here is a step by step process of how to point GoDaddy domain to MilesWeb
1. Log in to your GoDaddy’s account.
2. Under the ‘Domains‘ section, you will see the domains that you have registered with them.
3. Click on ‘DNS’ for the domain that you want to point to the MilesWeb server.
4. The ‘DNS management’ page will open.
5. Scroll down to the ‘Nameservers‘ section.
6. You will see the default nameservers of GoDaddy here:
7. Click on ‘Change’
8. Select ‘Enter my own nameservers’
9. Copy the nameservers from the mail and paste it in that text area.
10. Click on ‘Add nameserver’ to add more.
11. Once you add all the four nameservers that are given in the mail click on ‘Save’.
It generally takes 24 to 48 hours to take effect for these name servers.
After that, your domain will be pointed to MilesWeb’s server.