If you wish to enable SSH access for a standard account that you have created on your VPS, follow the procedure listed below:
- Open WHM on VPS and go to account functions > then go to ‘Modify an Account’
- Activate SSH access for the respective account through the ‘Shell Access’ check box.
- Log in to cPanel of that account, go to SSH/Shell Access and click on manage SSH keys.
- You can either generate a new key pair or import a key that is already generated on the user’s local computer.
- Authorize the public key through ‘Manage Authorization’ option.
- Download the public and private keys and give them to the user of the account
The procedure of enabling SSH is now completed.
Sign up for managed VPS hosting depending on your preference. All the VPS platforms provided by MilesWeb are equipped with the best of features and backed by round the clock support.