If you are operating an online store, it is recommended to have an SSL certificate on your website. An SSL certificate increases the trust of your visitors and buyers and keeps your online store safe.
If your online store is powered by Prestashop, then you can follow some simple steps to enable the SSL certificate on your website. If you opt for Prestashop hosting, MilesWeb provides you with a free SSL certificate to make your online store secure.
Follow the steps mentioned below to enable the SSL certificate:
- Login to Prestashop and go to the ‘Menu’ option on the top
- Go to the ‘Preferences’ tab and right click on ‘General’
- You will see an option – ‘Enable SSL’; however before you activate this option it is important to test the SSL certificate first
- Click on the option – ‘USE HTTPS protocol before enabling SSL’
- If the SSL certificate is working perfectly on your website, then you will see ‘HTTPS’ and a green padlock in your browser
- Now again go to the ‘General’ option and select ‘Yes’ for the ‘Enable SSL’ option
- Click on ‘Save’
Related: How To Obtain an SSL Certificate?
After following the steps mentioned above your configuration will be saved and SSL certificate will be enabled on your Prestashop website.