If you have an online store, the best way to provide online shopping convenience to our customers is by categorizing the products. This article will show you how you can add new product categories.
Here are the steps for adding new product categories:
- Login to your WordPress admin area.
- Go to Products > Categories.
A new page will be displayed that will be separated vertically in two sections. In the left section, you will see the interface needed for creating the new product category. You will have to configure the following options in that section:
- Name – The name of the category.
- Slug – The slug of the URL which will be used by that category.
- Parent – If this category should have a parent category.
- Description – The description of this category.
- Display Type – The way in which the category items should be displayed.
- Thumbnail – Any thumbnail that needs to be used for the category.
Once you have configured all these options, all you have to do is click on ‘Add New Product Category’ and the new category will be added.