CMS Made Simple works on a group-centric permission structure. As a result of this, permissions are assigned to groups in place of individual users. Users get the permissions that were assigned to their groups. Any member belonging to the Admin group or belonging to the Manage Users and Manage group permissions group is entitled to makes changes in the permissions. Admin users also have control over adding and deleting the users in the groups.
- You can add as many users as you want and you can assign every user to one or more groups.
- Go to User Management > Backend Users.
- In the Profile tab, add the Name and Password of the user.
- Make sure that the ‘Active’ option is selected.
- The fields – First Name, Last Name and Email Address are optional.
- Click on the ‘Backend Groups’ option and assign the user to a group, you can assign the user to one or more existing groups.
- Click on ‘Settings’. If you wish to copy any other user’s settings and preferences to the user, then you can choose the user from the dropdown list. This is a helpful step when some new user is replacing some old user and has the same tasks to perform.
- Click on ‘Submit’.