Moodle CMS enables educators, learners and administrators to create learning portals or eLearning websites. This platform is a robust, integrated and secure system which makes it possible to create personalized learning environments. This is a simple and easy to use interface that also consists of drag and drop facility for ensuring easy workability. It provides well-documented resources along with regular improvements in usability. Not only does this platform makes teaching simpler but learning is also simplified since most learners these days prefer eLearning websites to gain knowledge. If you are someone who wants to create an eLearning website with Moodle CMS, then you can go through the following 5 tips:
1. In order to make your Moodle eLearning website highly usable and functional, you must add interactive media to it. While Moodle does not use any multimedia, it has a good option to upload and embed videos, images and even audio pieces. So make sure you add enough of these to support the learning courses and programs on your website.
2. Your eLearning website must be highly interactive in nature and all the learning modules that it consists of must also be engaging and interactive. Moodle CMS is a platform which enables you to create interactive text modules since it supports many options like quizzes, wikis, lessons and SCORN packages. Thus another tip to create an eLearning website with Moodle CMS is to make use of these. It also supports the feature of a collaborative glossary.
3. For an eLearning website, content is king and Moodle CMS enables you to easily manage the content. It may not be a content management system primarily but offers many ways to export, import and manage the content to support learning. Hence you must make most of the features like working with files, repositories, portfolios, working with media, filters, plagiarism prevention and licenses.
4. Once the site has been installed using Moodle CMS, it is your task as an administrator to manage the site on a regular basis. Only constant management and updating will result in a functional and useful website. Moodle offers many ways for you to manage your website effectively and make sure it runs smoothly. Some features which you can utilize for this purpose are authentication, managing accounts, enrollments, roles and permissions, security, performance, backup, site appearance, language, location, server settings, site-wide reports, admin tools and developer tools etc.
5. To create an effective eLearning website using Moodle, another thing that you need to do is to manage the courses regularly. A course page is made up of one central section and other sections called blocks which are present on the sides. The teacher of the course shall have the control over the layout of the course page and can change and manage it any time. Some features which can be utilized for this purpose are courses, editing text, activities, resources, blocks, questions, course enrollment etc.