The path to creating a great website starts from the domain name. As we all know, a domain name becomes the identity of your profession or your business.
If you have already registered your domain name and you are suffering issues with your current domain name registrar, then this article is an important read for you.
You always have the option to transfer your domain name to a better web host. Transferring a domain name might seem to be an intimidating task but if you choose a brilliant service provider like MilesWeb, your task is going to be simpler with professional and dedicated support for every step.
Why Should You Transfer Your Domain Name?
You must consider transferring your domain name for these reasons:
There is always a risk of domain name hackers or other threats to your hosted website. So, the primary focus of any website is security. If you are not happy with the security offered by your present service provider, initiate the transfer process.
You need a 24/7 dedicated team of customer service to help you in distress. In case your present host doesn’t have a support team, but only a sales team; you should transfer your domain.
Some service providers send invoices of higher amounts with less service. Many service providers offer much at less price; they can save your hard-earned money.
MilesWeb is a fast-growing web hosting company and it is considered a much more reliable hosting partner offering excellent web hosting solutions. From MilesWeb you can expect the best-in-class cloud infrastructure and they are home.
The hosting service from MilesWeb is considered best for professional developers, small and medium-sized website owners, and also for first-time website owners.
MilesWeb offers some remarkable features, like:
- Free Domain Name: When you choose any hosting plan from MilesWeb, you get a free domain name and you have the freedom to transfer your existing domain to MilesWeb for free.
- Free SSL Certificate: MilesWeb provides a free SSL certificate to protect the sensitive data of your visitors and existing customers. The SSL certificate is free until you are hosted with MilesWeb.
- SSD Storage: Webpages load faster with SSD storage, each plan of MilesWeb consists of SSD storage.
- cPanel Support: MilesWeb hosting provides a cPanel control panel to manage your databases, domains, websites, and emails.
- 99.95% Uptime: Availability of your website to your visitors is the primary concern. Data centers of MilesWeb located in 6 places of the world provides you with the best uptime.
Related: GoDaddy Alternative: Perks Of choosing MilesWeb
How To Transfer Domain Name To MilesWeb?
Here are some important aspects that you should consider before you transfer your domain name to MilesWeb:
- You can transfer all the domain name extensions to MilesWeb.
- To make the process smooth, you should complete all the steps before beginning the transfer.
- Try not to transfer your domain before 45 days of renewal, or you can miss that renewal year.
Related: Myths And Facts About Transferring A Domain Name
Steps For Transferring Domain Name To MilesWeb
While transferring a domain from your present service provider to MilesWeb, there are several steps you should follow. In most cases, this transfer process is straightforward, however, it might take some time to complete. This time is needed to get the transfer process approved by all the parties involved.
Steps for the domain transfer process:
Prepare Your Domain
Once you decide to transfer the domain to MilesWeb, start updating your domain settings with your present domain service provider. You can reach out to customer support if you need help with anything.
Review Your Contact Information
As per the rule of ICANN, your contact information should be included in your domain’s record in the WHOIS database. During the domain transfer process, MilesWeb will need this information on the domain’s record to send updates about the transfer process on your registered email id.
You have to ensure that the information provided to you is correct. It’s suggested to avoid any email address associated with your domain, rather you should use a public email address, like Gmail.
After you update the registrant’s contact information like name, email address, and name of the organization for a general top-level domain, a Change of Registrant process will be initiated. It will require additional verification before the new information is saved.
Disable Domain Privacy
The next step is to disable your domain privacy. The privacy hides your contact information from being made public in the WHOIS database. MilesWeb needs that information to know where to send the code authorizing the transfer. After you disable the privacy, MilesWeb will view the contact information on your domain’s WHOIS record.
After that, MilesWeb will send the transfer domain emails to the administrator. If the domain privacy is enabled, those mails from MilesWeb will reach a privacy protection inbox, then it will be hard to access those emails.
Update Your Name Servers
Name servers do the task of directing the traffic for your domain to the host server. If your website has already been moved to the MilesWeb account, you need to update your name servers first. It will reduce the downtime during the transfer. If you don’t do that, you have to wait until the domain transfer process to MilesWeb is over. The DNS changes can’t be done during the transfer process; so you should do it now.
Your new DNS settings will be updated just after you save your changes. Each ISP is updated at a different rate, generally, it takes 24 – 72 hours to complete. Meanwhile, your email servers will be down, and your web traffic will be redirected to the old host or MilesWeb. However, this redirection process will depend on the visitor’s ISP.
Unlock Your Domain
The next step in transferring your domain to MilesWeb is to unlock your domain. By default, the domains are locked to prevent any type of accidental deletion. Then only your domain will be available for transfer. Some service providers give you the option to unlock your domain manually and some other hosting providers will do it on your behalf.
Find the “unlock domain” option in your registrar’s cPanel. Every cPanel is different, however, you will generally find it in the “Security” or “Domain” section of the main account screen.
Request An Authorization Code
To transfer your domain to MilesWeb you need an authorization code (sometimes called an Auth-Code, Auth-Info Code, or AuthInfo Code). This code has a unique password for the domain, made up of letters, numbers, and special characters.
The purpose of this code is to stop your domain to be hijacked by any unethical party. Also, this code plays the role of a bridge between MilesWeb and your old service provider.
Related: How Important Is Domain Privacy Protection?
Initiate The Domain Transfer Process
When you have completed the steps mentioned above, you are ready to transfer your domain to MilesWeb. Now you are just a few steps away:
- Log into your MilesWeb domain manager.
- Click the “transfer” button in the submenu.
- Enter the domain that you want to transfer to your account without ‘www’.
- The MilesWeb system will check the domain’s status to confirm if it is ready for the transfer. If your website is locked, it will not be eligible for transfer. Enter the authorization code to continue.
- Next, the two-step verification process will start. MilesWeb will email the admin verification code to the domain’s administrator. Enter that code and continue the process.
- Now it is time to change your name servers, choose your plan renewal preference of MilesWeb, and decide if you want to add domain privacy to your plan
- At the final step, agree to the ‘Terms of Service’ of MilesWeb, and click to ‘Add to Cart’.
You can view the complete domain transfer process Here.
Review The Transfer
You can check the status of the domain transfer process in the following steps:
- Log into your MilesWeb domain manager.
- Click on “Transfer” in cPanel.
- View the status of your domain transfer to MilesWeb. You can click the link for more information to know the status.
Related: Purchasing A Domain Name: A Complete Guide 2022
The whole process of transferring your domain name to MilesWeb is easy and flawless. MilesWeb guides you every step of the way. The best thing about the domain transfer process is that you do not need any technical knowledge for completing it. MilesWeb ensures that your website is up and running and is not affected by the domain transfer.
MilesWeb is considered one of the best domain name registrars and web hosts as they have their support team ready to guide you 24/7. They have all the security measures in place for your domain name. Domain management is also easier with MilesWeb; they provide regular updates about the domain name renewal so that you never miss a due date.
When your domain name is with MilesWeb, it is in safe hands!