Planning to open an online store and want to sell something? But confused about best eCommerce platforms and shopping cart software’s. So don’t worry, here we have listed some of the best eCommerce software’s which you can use for your online store.
Choosing the Best Shopping Cart for your needs is critical to succeed with an e-commerce site. Many people, who are starting an online store (e-commerce), find themselves faced with numerous opportunities for the platforms that cause doubt about which one to choose.
Here I have tried to explain the important points in the decision to choose a virtual shopping cart for your online store.
What is a Shopping Cart?
Let’s start from the beginning, explaining what an online shopping cart is. A shopping cart is one of the main tools for e-commerce websites, a secondary application that allows customers to add multiple items on bucket and continue browsing the site. Technically, shopping cart is a collection of scripts that make connection between visitor and payment system to choose and track products.
Magento is by far the most popular CMS e-commerce platform used by many webmasters. It is a complete open-source platform for e-commerce, officially launched in 2008 by an American company that was bought by eBay giant in 2011. So we can say that it is a relatively young project. It is an e-commerce solution that is rich in unique characteristics. Although this factor has earned the respect of many programmers and entrepreneurs, over 20% of e-commerce sites in the world are built on this platform.
Magento is incredibly flexible and allows you to manage multiple stores from single admin panel. By using Magento anyone create a website in few hours. Magento is designed with several technological features and modules with infinite resources that facilitate the management and customization of your online store and allow the creation of new extensions according to your needs. It is recommended for small, medium, and large businesses. Ideal for those who want to grow in a professional and security sector.
More than 240,000 traders around the world rely on Magento E-commerce.
- Very powerful and secure
- It has huge amount of extensions, plugins and add-ons
- Very attractive visual design
- Simple implementation modules
- SEO Friendly
- Ajax search system
- Allows complete customization of the site
- Powerful management orders
The WooCommerce is a free tool that allows you to create virtual stores directly through WordPress. It works as a modular kit of tools containing the most common elements in eCommerce such as shopping cart, inventory management, statistics, payment gateways, etc. By default WooCommerce can be integrated with PayPal, but you can integrate other payment methods through free and paid extensions.
You don’t need to be expert in programming and coding to use this tool. Integration of this plugin with your site is quite simple and can be configured through dashboard.
In short, it is a great tool for those who are already familiar with WordPress and want to create a single virtual store.
- WooCommerce is completely free to download
- Easy in use
- Flexibility – No Programming needed
- Exciting product listing features
- Blog integration
- SEO friendly
- Analytical tool to track and measure store performance
- It has lots of customization options
- Community Support
The PrestaShop is also an open source software used by more than 100,000 stores worldwide (mainly in Europe), with a community of about 300,000 people, a number of features and a very pleasant management interface.
PrestaShop is prepared for a variety of payment methods. A shop can be translated into 41 languages and you can set an unlimited number of translations in your store. It also allows you to create an unlimited number of currencies to be displayed in the store and set tax rules according to their country.
- Amount of display available in stock
- Integration with USPS, FedEx, UPS, Canada Post
- Price differentiation by customer groups
- Content management (CMS)
- Personalized messages and gift wrapping at checkout
- The possibility of exporting the products to eBay, Amazon, Google Product Search and other
- Checkout on a page
X-Cart is free and open source PHP based shopping cart software available in the market for eCommerce solution. The great advantage of X-Cart is its ability to integrate with online transaction processing systems. It is therefore quite compatible with what exists in the market. The X-Cart has undergone several changes over the past few years, which makes it an excellent future solution.
X-Cart web hosting strives to enhance user shopping experience. It aims to make online shopping more pleasurable, enjoyable and interactive too. In this effort, it flashes personalized greetings, helping to make every user feel special and valuable. Every new user gets a personal welcome message.
- X-Cart is search engine friendly
- Multiple shopping cart options
- X-Cart is built on PHP which means that all templates are customizable
- Features like quick customer management, order management that help in addressing customer grievances
- Easy to navigate and non-complex
- Extensive search options along with product search and item filtering options
- Multiple checkout options and special promotions
OpenCart developed and created by Daniel Kerr, OpenCart is also an open source e-commerce software based on PHP for online retail stores. It is a very good solution for entrepreneurs who want to retain the ability to create their own online business and get an e-commerce with minimum cost.
OpenCart is also designed to manage multiple shops from one admin interface. Open Cart is noted for having a sleek administrative dashboard. To make an attractive and fancy store, you might have to spend some time to the coding, but small stores could potentially use this solution because it does function surprisingly well.
- It is the lightest system, having fewer server requirements to run well
- Easy Installation and Initial Setup
- Great extensions, plugins and templates
- The community has grown considerably
- It has the lower maintenance costs
- Administrative panel easy to use
Choose the best one that fits your needs and stop wasting your valuable time. Pick a shopping cart and start building your online business.
All the above-mentioned shopping carts are supported by MilesWeb. We have eCommerce hosting plans starting from $3/mo. Visit our MilesWeb to view the details.