Loyalty Program at any means boosts your conversion rate. Any downvotes? I hope you might have known the benefits of creating a loyalty program for your WooCommerce store, though you are a beginner in WooCommerce. These stores you can host with Affordable WooCommerce hosting plans and make them accessible online at lower costs.
It’s time to consider using a loyalty program in your store. Come, let’s jump in to know how to create a WooCommerce Loyalty Program for your store. Although there is a lot of information you can find on this subject online, I have tried my best to put the different sets of strategies and tips in this article to help you create and gain solid results from your loyalty program. So, stay tuned!
Let us get started.
Why Create A WooCommerce Loyalty Program?
If you have a contrary thought about the WooCommerce Loyalty program, let me explain why you need to set up one for your WooCommerce store.
Loyalty incentive programs are an excellent strategy for organizations to increase customer retention. Customers are motivated to continue making purchases to take advantage of their present benefits or to access even better benefits that these programs will offer them in the future.
When customers get frequent benefits from a loyalty program, they often tell their friends and family, even encouraging them to join the loyalty program. Customers who are part of a loyalty program can become brand crusaders, generating more income and growth than advertising alone.
Boost Your Store Sales
Customers wish to spend on an e-commerce business if they have a rewards program. Their efforts lead to a larger incentive, such as a free item or a discounted deal, which encourages them to buy more of your products.
People are more likely to act and make a purchase when they know they’re getting a good price. Consumers are more likely to feel good about their purchases if they know they’ll get something in return.
Expand Your Clientele
With so much competition, you need to give individuals a reason to choose your company over others. Customers are ready to spread the word about attractive loyalty programs with unique deals and incentives.
Because consumers trust customer reviews, word of mouth marketing is a quick and easy approach to attract traffic to your brand. This form of social proof can help you quickly increase conversions and attract new consumers.
Investing in a customer loyalty rewards program that keeps existing customers coming back is just less expensive than marketing to attract new ones.
Another benefit of creating a loyalty program is that it can be used as a low-cost rewards and promotions approach. This can help you increase your revenue and retain your customers without having to downsize your WooCommerce products and services excessively.
You can use your loyalty program to encourage people to get things done rather than purchase things. For example, give customers the points for accomplishing tasks like leaving a product review or a blog comment.
Simply put, creating a loyalty program has tremendous value, especially when you know how simple it is to set up. With the right plugin, you can set up and manage even a complex loyalty program in minutes.
Considerations Before Creating a Loyalty Program for Your Store
Now that you know the reasons for creating a loyalty program, here are some things to check before creating your unique loyalty program.
Fortunately, many experts have already tried creating a loyalty program that has become a forefront for us to keep in mind.
Consider the enlisted things before creating a loyalty program for your WooCommerce store.
Ask Questions That Are Directly Related to The Customer
- Who are your clients?
- What exactly are they looking for?
- What choices do they have to make in order to purchase from you?
- Are you selling to individuals (business-to-consumer) or to other firms (business-to-business)?
- Who are you talking to when it comes to B2B customers?
- What reward is beneficial to them?
When it comes to B2C, on the other hand, your consumers are in charge of their own decisions, so offering them discount cards or special action-based points could be a powerful inducement for them to utilize your services again and again.
Motivate Your Clients
It’s critical to research and test what makes customers want to buy from you or return for your services.
According to VirtualIncentives.com research, 75% of consumers prefer a store or brand that provides incentives, while 69% prefer a firm that sends personalized messages or prizes.
So, how will you go to get this data? Using online surveys, polls, and focus groups to better understand and learn about your consumers and their needs is a good way to get to know them.
Make a list of your store’s objectives
Your incentive strategy will have an impact on how consumers and users interact with your products and services, which in turn will have an impact on your revenues.
So, before deciding on the incentives program you’ll give, you’ll need to figure out what your store’s objectives are.
A loyalty program can accomplish multiple objectives at once, such as boosting customer retention and lifetime value, but these results or objectives must be specified from the outset. This will allow you to assess the program’s effectiveness in the future.
Assume your goal is to increase brand loyalty using your loyalty program. You’ll need to provide incentives to your users that support this goal, such as free upgrades.
When they suggest new people who convert to the company, you can give them free deals or free trial-based membership.
If your goal is to enhance client acquisition, your rewards program should include sign-up incentives for new customers, such as a free trial, a free e-book or report, or a 50% discount on a user’s first month if they are referred by a current customer.
Short Term vs Long Term Loyalty Program Value
Short-term benefits such as single-use coupons and discounts are frequently associated with point-based reward programs. They can be swiftly earned and used. Long-term benefits, on the other hand, are merely aspirational. Long-term rewards usually entail earning a higher tier or unlocking a specific status in order to gain increasingly valuable perks.
Customers may, for example, receive special prices or obtain access to unique products as they progress through the tier levels. Ensure that your clients’ shopping behaviors correspond to the type of value and benefits you provide through your loyalty program.
These are the things that help you to tune up your customer loyalty program and get huge returns.
Steps to Create a WooCommerce Loyalty Program In A Store
Creating a loyalty program in the WooCommerce store is not as difficult as it sounds. Follow me and get to know how to create a loyalty program within a few seconds.
To illustrate this, I am taking WPLoyalty – WooCommerce Points and Rewards and Referral Plugin as an example.
- Step 1: After downloading the Zip file from the official site, go to your WordPress Dashboard -> Add Plugins
- Step 2: Upload the downloaded zip file and install it to use WPLoyalty – WooCommerce Points and Rewards and Referral easily.
- Step 3: Once done, it’s time to start your Customer Loyalty campaign. Get into the plugin’s Dashboard -> Campaign
- Step 4: In the “Campaigns” section, click “ Create New Campaign”.
- Step 5: Once done, you will get this screen in front of you with the numerous campaign templates for you.
So, these are the list of templates you will gain to create the loyalty program according to your requirements.
Let us have a close look at the selected two templates in this blog.
- Points for Purchase
“Points for Purchase” Template
Now, let us get into the Points for Purchase template. You need to enter the inputs needed for your campaign.
Firstly, name your campaign for easy understanding. Make sure you describe your campaign well for reference.
In the next column, you need to fix the amount and the points to be earned by the customer after their purchase. When it comes to points for purchase, every customer earns a specific amount of points after completing a purchase with the store owner’s specified amount.
And in the end, set the start and end date of your campaign.
Here come the filled columns.
You can get the “Advanced Settings” option at the bottom. It includes,
- The place to show the loyalty point message
- Personalized Messages for products
- And the color and border customization
If you wish, you can customize it. And, yes, we have given appropriate inputs to the columns. Now, just click “Save & Close” at the right end of the page.
Once the campaign is saved, it is set to live. See the results in the below image. This is how your campaign looks on your website.
It is visible on the product page itself, which helps the customer know how many points they can earn when they buy a particular item. This is how the “Points for Purchase” works.
Now, it’s time to try the Referral template. When you enter into the Referral template, you will get this screen.
As said before, name the campaign and give an apt description.
To set rewards for existing customers, you need to choose the type of reward and the point reward type. Rather than points, if you wish to provide a coupon, you can also go ahead.
The same goes for the new customers. You can choose the type of reward and the coupon which you wish to provide them.
Say, if I go for giving point-based rewards for the referrals (both existing and new customers), then the input goes like this.
In the point reward type, instead of fixed points, if you wish to give a percentage based on subtotal, then the input will be,
The same goes for the new customer columns. After giving the start and end date for your campaign, you can go ahead and save it.
Your campaign is live now, and the users can see the referral points and the number of referrals in their respective accounts in the Points & Rewards section.
This is how you can create a loyalty program for your WooCommerce store. Other than the mentioned templates, you can also try other loyalty program templates that help you to grow your WooCommerce store.
3 Best Points and Rewards Plugin for Your WooCommerce Store – Editor’s Pick
Offering a points and rewards system for your store is an excellent way to develop long-term relationships with customers. We’ll go through a few of the top WooCommerce points and rewards plugins for your store.
- WPLoyalty – Points and Rewards and Referral Plugin for WooCommerce
- Loyal Points and Rewards for WooCommerce
- YITH Points and Rewards for WooCommerce
WPLoyalty – WooCommerce Points and Rewards and Referral Plugin
As discussed before, WPLoyalty – WooCommerce Points and Rewards and Referral Plugin is my first pick.
A powerful plugin to help you improve your loyalty programs. In a short period of time, increase repeat sales and a loyal consumer base. When you want to increase your loyal consumers, this is the plugin to employ. Numerous loyalty programs ensured growth in loyal customers.
Reward the customer’s loyalty with reward points, which can be utilized for future purchases, discounts, and other uses. Customers can earn reward points for signing up, making a referral, making a purchase, and writing reviews about their website and product purchases.
By delivering regular information on sales or incentives through the loyalty program, make the consumer a part of your website operation, an extension of your team.
- Create an endless number of reward campaigns, each with its own set of conditions. Customers should be rewarded if they meet such criteria.
- Customers should be rewarded when they spend more money on an order.
- Set a specific order target for yourself. Customers should be rewarded when they achieve their order goals.
- Customers should be rewarded based on the total worth of their orders over time.
- Customers should be rewarded for purchasing a specific product.
- Offer incentives based on the customer’s payment type and previous purchases.
- Single Site: $99.00 per year
- Five Site: $129.00 per year
- 25 Sites: $199.00 per year
Loyal Points and Rewards for WooCommerce
Loyal Points & Rewards for WooCommerce allows you to establish the greatest WordPress loyalty programs with ease, increasing customer engagement and sales in your business.
This WooCommerce loyalty plugin allows you to award customers with points when they sign up, purchase things, or leave a product review.
The nicest part about this WooCommerce loyalty points and rewards plugin is that it has a built-in referral program. Customers who refer others to your store might earn even more reward points. It’s a win-win situation for everyone.
- Points have a custom conversion rate and an expiration date.
- Set the minimum and maximum order values to get points.
- A useful dashboard that shows the overall number of points issued, redeemed, and so on.
- Checking individual customer information is an option (points, referral code & URL).
- Using custom filter settings, you may see client activity on a certain timeline.
- Customers can choose whether to fully or partially redeem their reward points.
- Rounding off reward points to the nearest integer value is an option.
- To rename points to your liking, use the custom label option.
- Custom alerts can be displayed, such as cart messages, checkout messages, thank you messages, and more.
- Single Site – $99 per year
- 5 Sites – $129 per year
- 25 Sites – $199 per year
YITH WooCommerce Points & Rewards
Setting up a loyalty program is a terrific way to keep visitors on your site longer. Then there are YITH WooCommerce points and incentives, which you may customize to fit your needs.
The plugin allows you to accumulate points that may be redeemed for a discount on future orders. It is apparent that this will inspire your clients to return to your store on a regular basis.
Your customers will be able to earn points when they make a purchase on your store with the aid of this plugin.
They can accumulate a set number of points that they can use to get coupons or discounts in your store for future purchases. This will be an excellent strategy to attract people to return to your store on a frequent basis.
- Using a certain group of consumers’ points and awards
- Create a one-of-a-kind point system for a group of clients
- For reward points, specify an order status
- Set the reward’s value and expiration date
- Points can be redeemed for free shipment
- Multiple currencies are available
- Assign points for specific acts in your store, such as registration, writing a review, hitting a milestone, and celebrating birthdays, among others.
- On product, cart, and checkout pages, display point information (such as how many points will be gained).
Pricing for YITH starts from $89 per site
You can’t make a loyalty program for your WooCommerce store using just WordPress and WooCommerce. A plugin is required to start a complex rewards and points program. Fortunately, there are a few great choices to pick from that will significantly simplify the procedure.
And, here comes the recap of the steps to create the loyalty program for your WooCommerce store:
- Download the plugin and enable the feature of a loyalty program
- Set the point and threshold values
- Make a list of the things for which consumers can earn points
- Personalize the messaging for your loyalty program
- Set up WooCommerce to create customer accounts for you automatically
I hope the steps and the points discussed here help you to come up with a wonderful and profitable loyalty program for your WooCommerce store. Cheers!