Drupal is a commonly used content management system. The default Drupal installation comprises of many themes and you can easily manage these themes through the admin area.
How to change a Drupal theme?
You can change your Drupal website theme by logging in as administrator and clicking on ‘Administrator’ >> ‘Appearance’ and selecting the theme that you want to install on your website.
How To Install New Theme In Drupal?
- Drupal stores the default themes in the ‘themes’ subfolder. You can get additional Drupal themes through the official Drupal theme resource.
- Once you have finalized the theme, you can extract the files to the ‘themes’ folder present in your Drupal installation directory. This can be done by going to cPanel > FileManager
- You can use FTP client in place of cPanel. For this, first extract the achieved theme on your computer and then upload the theme files to the ‘themes’ folder present in your Drupal installation directory.
- After this step, you will be able to see the uploaded theme in the Drupal Administration Area > Appearance.
- To apply the theme, you need to enable it and set it as default.
- You will also come across an ‘update’ tab that enables you to see the outdated themes and get the new versions for them.
- In the ‘Settings’ section, you will be able to manage the global visualization settings for your website. You can also overwrite these settings for every theme.