Drupal is a great content management system that is popular and used by many webmasters. If you are working with Drupal, you can easily install, update, enable or disable the Drupal modules through the ‘Extend’ section of Drupal.
The default Drupal installation comprises of many useful modules and a brief description about the functioning of each module is also provided. You can easily download your desired modules from the official Drupal modules website.
The ‘modules/’ subfolder in Drupal installation directory consists of the Drupal modules on your website. You can install additional modules through the ‘Install new module’ option.
For installing a new module in Drupal, refer to the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official Drupal modules website and select the module that you wish to download
- Download the corresponding version of the module to your local hard-drive
- Go to ‘Extend’ and click on ‘Install new module’
- Look for the plugin’s installation file and click on ‘Install’
- Once you install the file, enable it by going back to the ‘Extend’ option and finding the ‘Other’ section
- Find the related fields for your module, click on them and then click on the ‘Install’ option
Your module is successfully installed! As an alternative to the method mentioned above, you can also upload the archive in the ‘modules’ folder of Drupal and extract it and then select the respective fields and install it. You can look for the installed modules that need an update in the ‘Update’ section. The ‘uninstall’ section comprises of the disabled external modules that you can uninstall from your system.