RSS or Really Simple Syndication is a web feed system that enables you to publish frequent updates of your website content like blog posts, news, web page content etc.
Publisher’s Benefit : As a result of RSS feeds, the publishers can automatically syndicate their website content.
User’s Benefit : RSS provides your website users with timely updates.
Drupal incorporates a built-in RSS system known as ‘Aggregator’. In order to configure RSS feeds for your website refer to the steps mentioned below:
- Login as Administrator and go to Site Builder >> Modules
- Check the ‘Enabled’ box for ‘Aggregator’ and click on Save Configuration
- Go to Administrator >> Content Management >> Feed Aggregator
- Click on ‘Add Feed’ and enter the feed’s title along with the URL
- Click on ‘Save’ to publish the new RSS feed
- Run Drupal cron for updating the feed
Related: How To Optimize Drupal For An Efficient Performance?
In order to make sure that the feeds are regularly updated, Drupal cron should be perfectly configured and executed on a regular basis.