Joomla is a commonly used content management systems. Installing templates in Joomla consists of a 3 step process mentioned below:
Step 1 : Find And Download The New Template
Your first step is to find and download the Joomla template that you would like to use on your website. You can browse a wide range of Joomla templates through the official Joomla website.
Step 2 : Upload The Template
Once you have downloaded the desired Joomla template on your computer, you can upload it with the following steps:
- Login to the admin area of your Joomla website
- Go to ‘Extensions’ and click on ‘Manage’ and then click on the ‘Install’ option
The uploading process is similar for templates, plugins, extensions, modules and other Joomla components
Related: How To Install Joomla Extensions?
Step 3 : Change The Template
Now you need to change the default Joomla template with the new one. Once the new template is installed on your Joomla application, you must make it the default template for your website. For this:
- Go to Extensions >> Templates
- You will see a list of installed Joomla templates available for your website
- Select the template that you want to use on your website
- Click on the star icon present next to it