Many entrepreneurs and digital media experts know the importance of social networks, and if you want to learn how to attract potential customers to your website from Facebook, you should not miss this article.
Many companies are already making use of social networks, but if you have ignored this platform because of not having an idea on how the platform should be used, here I give some tips that can help you to improve your presence and fully utilize Facebook to make the most out of it.
1. Define your goals
When you create a Facebook Page for your company, its main aim is to generate more interaction with your prospects and eventually attract them to your website to increase sales.
However, to be successful with this strategy, you must first find out the real objective to create a profile on this social network because there are specific objectives and purely depend on each business or company work process, services or products it offers.
To start, I recommend you to list down specific objectives of your company:
- Find prospects
- Attract more traffic to your website
- Launching a new product
- To share relevant information about your products
- Building a brand image
- Promote a new application
- Attract more customers.
Once you list down the goals, you should set a strategy to achieve them:
- Action (what I need to do)
- Complement (focus of action)
- Choose the focus of the action (if you are presenting a brand or a specific product).
2. Build a community on Facebook
Before dreaming about attracting thousands of prospects to your fan page, you must first get people to know that your brand exists on Facebook, this is the cornerstone for building a good community.
To get thousands of fans and followers on your page, you must make sure that the data on your page is visible and stand out both on the internet and non-digital media.
No one can connect with you on Facebook if they do not know you exist.
Tips for making your Facebook profile stand out of the crowd!
Page of your company must be correct and should be easy to locate.
When customers enter a new profile, are interested in learning more about the company, so having the logo, the name and business of the company is paramount, do not forget to update the link of your website and general data such as phone, address, and a brief description.
Here I leave an example of our Official Facebook Page (Mobile Version):
Click here for browser-based version.
Invite your current contacts to Like your Page
When you have an offline community of loyal customers who are satisfied with your product or service, it is easier to create a community on Facebook. Just follow these tips:
- Invite friends to Like your page.
- Share your Fan Page with your Facebook friends via News Feed
- Make an invitation to your contact list through an email.
Incorporates your Facebook Page with offline advertising channels
It is common that many entrepreneurs use complementary advertising strategies, such as flyers, business cards, and even external advertising.
This type of advertising can also be a channel for people to know your Facebook page. So do not forget to place a visible URL of your Facebook Page and make a call to action to seek and get Like for your fan page.
Invest in Facebook advertising campaigns
Grow your community taking advantage of the capabilities of Facebook advertisement to target all users of this network and find those who are most relevant to your business.
This is an example of how the advertisement is seen in the News Feed:
3. Creating a Landing Page
Once you’ve built a more solid community on Facebook you can start planning a strategy to attract prospects to your site, and one of the most successful combinations is to create a Landing Page along with the publication of good content on Facebook.
This tool has the ability to focus the user’s attention on a single target, either purchase a product, fill out a form or subscribe to a newsletter.
Remember to post quality and informative content on your Facebook wall. It is the key to prompt your followers to click the link so that they visit your Landing Page.
4. Create a content strategy
To develop a good content strategy, you should consider the target of people you want to reach and based on that, generate content that is useful and of interest to them.
Draw the attention of your followers
The goal is to offer valuable content to your fans so that in exchange they click your landing page link, they provide their contact details (and other personal data) and then you can send information according to the stage of the buying cycle in which they are:
- Awareness (Realize): The first phase that takes place in a buying process is the one that has to do with realizing a need.
- Research: When the user realizes that he has this need to buy, begins an investigation to determine what alternatives are currently available on the market.
- Decision: At this stage, the user already has a clear idea about the providers and is left with few alternatives that meet the needs and tastes of what he want in the product he wants to buy.
- Action (Close): The last stage of the procurement process implies that the user already has a clear idea. He will take action and will buy what he wants.
To draw attention to the content you post, you must highlight a particular point that will have a significant value to your followers.
I recommend you to post different content formats that really interest your followers:
- To promote your content pieces you can, for example, posting on a particular point, briefly explain what kind of knowledge your piece of content will include.
- It is also important to post your message with an attractive and relevant image, both for attention and for the supply of content to which you refer to be more desirable.
- You must have noticed the publication provides information about the content, highlight the point of interest (Free Ebook) and also has an illustrative image and that encourages clicking.
5. Study the content type and how to publish
One of the mistakes made when trying to attract more prospects from Facebook is posting messages like sale, sale, and sale. This only causes your fans and followers to lose interest in your content.
To find out what kind of content pleases your community that can help you have more leads, i.e., users to give their data, I recommend:
- Incentive interaction with them
- Motivational talks
- Ask if they have questions
- Note the activity in groups
- Identify their tastes
- Monitor publications
A very important aspect is to know the times when your fans are connected on Facebook and what type of content gives you better results.
Do not forget to interact with your customers. It is as important as getting leads.
Getting likes, comments and shares are the ways to attract prospects from Facebook to your website.
To achieve a balance between lead generation and interaction of your posts, I recommend that you divide your publications into two types, those seeking direct and indirect leads.
6. Maximize your budget for paid ads on Facebook
If you want to attract more prospects to your site, you probably need to post advertising content containing a link to your page. A brand that needs exposure, will have to pay for it.
To create a good paid advertising strategy, you should consider several points:
- Segmentation: The first segmentation will be by location, sex and age group. Then interest. The level of segmentation depend on the type of product you handle, but generally speaking, the more segmented is your audience, attract fewer people, but they will be of better quality, i.e., have more opportunity to sell.
- Message: The message should be clear, precise and sufficiently attractive. It should always include words with actions such as – Get, Sign, you know, Attends, Download, etc. If possible use numbers, percentages if no discount, etc.; this is visually more appealing.
- Images: Use good quality images related to your target and product. It seems obvious, but many brands publish their ads with generic pictures that at first glance do not communicate anything related or the target, or with your product.
- Budget: Beware of the budget! Do not let your campaign run indefinitely. Although assigning budget each day can be a good solution. It is better to determine the start and end of the campaign. You will have better control on what you spend.
- Optimization: At the end of the month reviewing what worked best and what not. So optimize your messages and images. Sometimes a makeover can help you to make your ad work better.
Facebook is a powerful weapon to attract potential customers. The key is to identify, attract and have an effective call to action for the sale to be made.
The task is not easy but not impossible. I hope these tips were useful. If you have a tip you want to share, I invite you to do it in the comment box.