Dolphin can be easily installed with Softaculous. Softaculous is a great auto-installer that enables you to install applications quickly. With just a few clicks, you can have the Dolphin application installed on your account. Refer to the steps mentioned below:
- Login to your cPanel account and go to Softaculous present under ‘Software/Services’ section.
- When you click on Softaculous, you will be redirected to the control panel of Softaculous, from this control panel you can install new applications, create backups, import websites etc.
- On the left hand side you will find the ‘Categories’ menu.
- In order to install Dolphin, go to the ‘Social Networking’ section and click on it to expand.
- This option will show you a list of applications, find Dolphin and click on it. After clicking on Dolphin Softaculous will open the installation screen.
- You will be shown a brief description about Dolphin along with its features; you can also read reviews about Dolphin here.
- To proceed with the installation, click on the ‘Install’ button.
- The next step is the most important one where you will have to provide the details about your Dolphin website. Some of the fields will be automatically entered by Softaculous; however, it is important to go through the parameters mentioned below:
- In Directory : It is important to note that by default Softaculous will install Dolphin in the root web folder and you will be able to access the website with your domain name. If you would like to install Dolphin in a sub-folder, you will have to enter its name in the ‘In Directory’ field.
- Site Name : This is your website name and by default it is set to ‘My Dolphin’. You can change it to something else that perfectly describes your new website.
- Admin Username : By default this field says ‘Admin’, if required you can change it to your desired username.
- Admin Password : A unique password is automatically generated by Softaculous; however, you have the option to set your desired password that you can remember more easily.
- The last step is to scroll at the end of the page and click on the ‘Install’ button.
Related: Dolphin Software FAQ
It’s done! You have now successfully installed the Dolphin application and it is ready to be used. After completing the installation process, Softaculous will redirect you to a new page where you can view your social networking platform. You can now start managing your Dolphin website by loging into the admin area.